The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #11
marc55

Re: My 55 Chevy 4X4

Spinning my wheels this week. Ordered a universal flat power window kit last week. After staring at it for a couple hours trying to think what the instructions would say if I had some I determined It would not fit. The door brace between the inner and outer shell is right in the way of the motor so I can not center the track with the window. I think this kit is if you are using 1 piece windows but I want to keep the vent windows. I am looking at a power windows kit that is basically the stock regulator with a motor, they bolt in but going from $150 to $450 for power windows is a big jump. I am also on the fence about the driver door. It's a real friendly door because when you look at it it waves back at you. Besides the the dents it does not close right like it is bent and I am out of adjustment on my hinges not sure if it is worth the time or if I have the skill to bring it back from the dead but a $500 door is a hit to the budget. This is not a show car but I want to do it right I am at the point where I need to commit to some real money. The body is hung the fit is solid and the bumpers look good I am happy with everything so far. I think it is time to switch gears and get an engine and transmission. Next month I will get a 4l60E and start looking for an LS engine. In the mean time I put the seat and column in to get a feel for the little drop console I made which is perfect. I also have a great place to drink beer in my garage.
Name:  DSC01595.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  35.7 KB
marc55 is offline   Reply With Quote