The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
happyhunky

high flow water pump

I am in the process of finishing up my 57 4x4 project. I'm having trouble keeping the temp down below 230 degrees. I have a mild 350, headers, performer intake, edelbrock 1406 carb backed by a frame mounted cooler th350. My radiator is a new champion aluminum 3 core with a 2500 cfs pulling electric fan with full shroud. I'm in the process of continually flushing the system till it's totally clean. And I checked the 160 degree thermostat to make sure its working at opening at 160 and it does start to open and fully opens by 180. Maybe someone can help here. I'm thinking my only other solution is to go to a high flow water pump. The reason thinking is that my body is on a shortend 1976 suburban frame. So the lift is body not suspension. Hence it is roughly 14 inches vertical that the water has to get back into the radiator. Being a pressurized system does that lift matter for a stock water pump, or would I see a difference in a high flow pump. Thanks for your input and knowledge.
happyhunky is offline   Reply With Quote