The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
Ta2edjr

1 finger steering

My 72 c10 is my daily driver...no I don't have other vehicles that I (could) drive I mean this is my daily. Other than my electraglide it's the only other vehicle that I own. Im Having some thoughts on steering..it's loose and very touchy. Truck has factory power steering and original steering wheel. I need some options as far to righting the steering some. I can literally steer this truck with 1 finger and it's somewhat hard keep straight going down the highway. Here's what I've contimplated. Getting a smaller aftermarket wheel and seeing that helps or going to a 73+ box? Does anybody and all help would be apreciated! Also front end of the truck ball joints and tie rod ends are in good shape far from new but not wore out completely also going to be installing a sway bar from a 72 c20 soon so maybe that will help with the handling issue as well.
Ta2edjr is offline   Reply With Quote