The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #19
jesdude7789

Re: 2005 5.3/4l60e into 1987 GMC

Time for an update.....
I did eventually get the engine and trans sitting correctly and reinstalled the original driveshaft. You HAVE to move the trans x-member back 1.25 inches if you are using the matching transmission from a newer truck (late 4L60e) in order for the original driveshaft to engage the proper distance into the tail of the trans. It's just that the trans mount position is different from the old 700r4.
I've been swamped with overtime at work for a couple months and I have been fortunate enough to have the use of another vehicle (while I pay all the insurance, maintenance, etc.) so I haven't been in as big of a hurry to finish the update to the fuel system on the 87. I plan to leave for Austin tomorrow afternoon for the holiday weekend and I'll be trying to knock that out as well as start laying the wiring harness in the engine bay and figure out where everything will end up.
jesdude7789 is offline   Reply With Quote