The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #1
indymachinist

New Guy From Indianapolis, IN

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not new to forums or cars in general. I live on the outskirts of Indianapolis and make my living as a CNC programmer/CNC machinist in the racing industry. I am a fair fabricator and can "weld" kind of. I am working to improve that skill all the time and hopefully will improve on it with a future project.

I have had a few newer GM trucks (94, 97, 07) and for the last 15 years or so have been pretty big into the import car scene, particularly Mazda RX-7s. I still love Mazdas but I think I am ready to move on to something different now.

When I was a new driver in high school I found a ratty looking old 69-72 range C10 short bed step side for sale. I fell in love with it pretty much right away and wanted it, but my dad was very against the idea at the time so I didn't end up with it. Well, last year I did the whole Hot Rod Power Tour and this year I was only able to make one stop, but it brought my love for these old trucks back up.

So now here I am, on the verge of selling my RX-7 and acquiring an old truck.

I want a 67-68 short bed step side and preferably in just off the farm/ratty condition. I know it will be a bit of a search to get ahold of something like that but I have been hunting for it already and thought I might have found what I am looking for yesterday but the guy won't call me so I assume someone on here probably found it first and already got it.

Attached are pics of my current daily driver Caprice wagon that I am totally in love with and my RX-7 toy car that spends more time in the garage than on the road.

Also I am attaching a pic of the truck I found for sale yesterday. That thing was pretty much right up my alley and I wanted it. WHICH ONE OF YOU GUYS GOT IT?!?!? It certainly seems these trucks go very quickly when they are for sale for a decent price...
Attached Images

indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote