The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #11
joedoh

Re: slow ride (redux)

too hot today, like 99 with 70% humidity felt like being inside a hair dryer in an oven.

messed with the headlights, I had been putting it off because it didnt bother me, the lowbeams were plenty bright and never needed highs, but selling the truck means fix all the little stuff haha. now everything works, and the DRLs are a beautiful soft yellow glow in the headlamps. I didnt get a DRL picture but the highs and lows are below.

found the booster vacuum port had a crack in the plug (hydroboost now so no need) and thats what was causing the highway lack of power. fixed it and finally installed the IAT sensor. now it idles at 750 rpm (used to be 1000) and will do 70mph into a 10mph wind, before it had trouble keeping 60. holiday weekend so police out in force and I didnt get to retry the top speed but I bet it is better than before. I have a video, remember that the speedo is about 8mph off. listen to that wind!

I called it quits and will adjust the pinion and install the tag light and bed floor tomorrow.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote