The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2015, 06:37 PM   #1
XelderX

New member with '86 Suburban

Hey everyone. I've owned this Suburban for about 10 years now. It's a 350, 4X4 with 90,000 original miles. It mostly gets used to pull my car trailer. It only had 8,000 miles on it when we bought it. Still had the original belts on the motor. I was told it was a special order as its a Scottsdale 4X4 with A/C, but the base trim level interior. Not sure if that's right. We replaced the stock rims with 15X8 rally rims, added some air shocks on the rear, and just recently tinted the windows. Other than that she is still stock.

I'm debating fixing the A/C, but the local shop quoted me $800 to do it. I'm assuming it's going to need a new compressor. The system hasn't been used in the whole 10 years I've owned it. I'm also considering getting some aftermarket headers to free up some more power, but I'm not sure it will do what I want it to without messing with the stock carburetor too. If that's the case I'll just wait till I can do the TBI conversion.

Does anyone know if there are any more modern stock seats that are a direct bolt in or require minor modifications? I can handle some minor fabrication and would really like something more comfortable than the stock bench for the long tows we make.
XelderX is offline   Reply With Quote