The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
jocko

Calling sacramento area members...

Could really use a favor - I am looking closely at a truck in sac, but it's potentially one of those shady cl deals - the kind you can't tell if it's real or too good to be true. We've already agreed on a price, but having difficulty getting the guy to agree to a payment method. I can't ascertain that I'm dealing with an older gent that is just technology-phobic or a 13 y/o pimple nosed scammer who is about to walk with the money I want to spend on the truck. He doesn't want a deposit, just wants me to send the money. Yes fishy - but he's clearly an older guy that just likes old fashioned transactions - his son listed the truck on cl for him and he doesn't do paypal, holding/transfer thingys, etc.. He did tell me I'm welcome to fly out and look at it, but it's not drivable, at least not all the way to TX. IF I could confirm the truck exists, and the seller isn't 13, I'd send the amount and then follow-up with the shipper. If anyone is in the vicinity and might have a few spare moments to confirm the guy and truck are for real, I'd appreciate it. If too busy - completely understand. Thanks gents, hate to ask, but hoping to close the deal on this thing.

Also open to suggestions as to how you all have worked around this stuff in the past. I've normally sent a hefty deposit in exchange for a transferred title, which, when I received it - I sent the balance. Then the shipper would go grab it. But, with out a deposit, kinda feel like I'm about to get ether bunnied by this dude if I send the full check...
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote