The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2015, 03:00 AM   #1
gunslingerfab

Drop the shop truck, and scare the children

This my first post about my build! Its been a 2 year venture and its nearing completion! I bought the truck when I was 17, now 19 and its almost road worthy, its a 64 C10 shortbed fleetside, I picked up for a grand. My dad owns a fab shop, that mainly built circle track race cars. Many elements on the build have been borrowed from the racing culture. I couldnt bring myself to just slap some drop spindles on and a drop anew motor in,I had higher asperations than that. So rather it got cut up, reworked then reworked, and reworked again. It took a lot of massaging to get her where she is now and it will take more to get her where she needs to be. The first order of business was to hack off the factory front clip and graft a gen 2 camaro clip on. With disc breaks, and power steering as well as the massive static drop up front we turned our attention to the rear, where the chevy rear end was traded for a ford 9 inch with disc break conversion. The factory truck arms were scrapped, though we kept the truck arm concept and fabbed up a new set from scratch. The spring cups are adjustable via weight jacks. The C-notch hand built as well, no kits will be found anywhere on this beast. Recently we focused on the powertrain, swapping out the 305 that was originally scheduled to go in the truck for a 5.3liter LM7(an ls family motor) we are currently in the process of choosing a cam. The wheels are 10 inch wide 15 inch tall winston cup weld wheels wrapped in 26x10s in the back and 26x8s up front. Please tell me what you think, id love some feedback and suggestions.so please ask questions and leave comments Thank you everybody!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

gunslingerfab is offline   Reply With Quote