The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #1
Graham57a

My New 68 Patina Daily Driver Project

Well guys I finally got my hands on a patina truck and this one isn't going anywhere. Its a bone stock factory 1968 swb, original paint, original interior, 94k original miles. The story goes, a guy that my parents got to church with named Jason wanted a c10 so he waited a few years for the right one to come up, he heard about this one a few hours away through a friend and went to pick it up. He bought the truck from the second owner who bought it for a quick flip. Jason just cleaned everything up really well, repainted the engine bay, put some tires on it, and drove it for a year or so. Eventually the 6 cylinder blew up so he parked it. He had intentions of putting a 350 back in it and getting it back on the road but he lost motivation. He mentioned it to my dad one Sunday so i came down last weekend and went to check it out. It worked out that I sold my daily driver just a few days before all of this came up so i bought the truck.

My plan is to drop a 5.3 LS and an automatic trans in it for now and just start driving it. Eventually it'll get a 5/7 drop but that's probably as far as I'll take it. I like the factory steelies and I really like that its all original but still nice. Let me know what you guys think
Attached Images

Graham57a is offline   Reply With Quote