The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2015, 03:12 AM   #11
ibrown50

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Martin, got your message, I was at a fund raiser for the North East Air Ambulance last night so couldn't pick up, big bad head this morning (but it was for a good cause )

All of the hoses are stainless, most are neoprene/rubber lined but the ones for the trans cooler are PTFE (rubber is a bit iffy at higher temeratures). I always seem to have a load of fittings lying around but anything I was short of came from Hosefittings UK, they are based in Birmingham, prices are reasonable and they are very helpful. Getting threaded fittings for US engines is really easy as everything is NPT (british engines tend to use BSP there's a much smaller selection available) for everything else you just need the AN- size.

The radiator hoses came from Summit Racing, but I wouldn't recommend them they are quite poor quality, the hose finishers are OK but the hose walls are thin and the braid is poor, I will change them at some point.

The trans pan and cover, I went for the "tin" ones. I figured the only person would would get to appreciate the alloy ones would be the bloke who does the MOT