The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2015, 10:03 PM   #1
chefk85

Bad News/Good News

Ok guys. this fine evening I was driving home and upon pulling into my driveway I started to hear a crackling sound. looked over and noticed my cigarette lighter was pushed in for some reason(maybe I bumped it). anyhow I ripped it out and saw some sparking and arcing, smoke and everything associated with electrical fire(knew I smelled something funny). anyhow I immediately grabbed the hose(closest thing to me and no fire ext.) and lightly doused the cig bezel and receptacle. I then noticed it coming up from the fuse block and doused it a little too(doh) as the wires coming out of the cig fuse were melting. got some pliers and got the battery terminals off and doused the wires going to the cig fuse in the engine compartment. good news is the truck didn't burn to the ground. I have unhooked the cig lighter at the bezel and fuse block and pos. batt. terminal. the truck still starts and drives. WTF HAPPENED
chefk85 is offline   Reply With Quote