The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2015, 12:48 AM   #1
63ChevC10

63 Inline 6 - Which Radiator?

Hey Everyone,

Let me start by saying that I rarely post on here, but I read what others ask about regularly and I've learned a great deal along the way. So, thanks to everyone for the help!

Here's my dilema. I have a 63 with a 250 inline 6 in it, along with the stock radiator. I've removed the 4-blade belt driven fan and installed a 16" electric pusher (I used it as a pusher rather than a puller due to clearance issues). I don't have a temp gauge, but I'll still the the red "hot" light in traffic, or sometimes if I'm putting a load on it during a hill climb or something like that. I'm not sure what temp triggers the light, but I know it's warm because it spits over some coolant when the light is on. I've been looking at a champion radiator and, after talking to the company and one other who sells them, they seem to think their version of an aluminum 2 row designed for an inline 5 should keep my truck cool. They claim it'll cool to 350hp and I obvioulsy don't have anything close to that! Does anyone have any first hand experience with an aluminum 2 row? I'd rather stick with one of those if it'll be enough because it'll mount right in. Any help would be much appreciated!!

p.s. I think some of my problem was timing/tuning that I've since fixed with an HEI distributor - wow what a difference! But I still want/need a new radiator.

Thanks everyone!

Jerry
63ChevC10 is offline   Reply With Quote