The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
Isaiah92260

Need help finding best alternator

My battery is on its last limbs cuz I've been charging it too often because of my charging system. I've made a similar thread about that. I have the OG external regulated charging system still and I'm gonna go with a new internally regulated alternator, so my question is, what's the best 3-wire Alternator that I should buy for my 250 I6? I only plan on getting halogen headlights and LED taillights, then a simple radio system and that's it so I don't need a ton of Amperage, I'm looking for something affordable but yet that has a good low idle charging rate but can hold up when I decide to do my upgrades. This will be my long time daily driver so I don't need too many things. I know there has been a lot of opinions and suggestions pointed out to me, but if anyone can give me there suggestions on good alternators for me that are 10si or -2si 3-wire, please let me know here. Thanks, I'm planning on ordering it this weekend
Isaiah92260 is offline   Reply With Quote