The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
I second that!
I agree and have decided I will complete the total tear down. How can I not with all the other work being done?

Saturday, August 29, 2015 Update

I'm VERY happy with the progress on my cab so far. It's happening fast and more importantly he's doing it right, at least to my inexperienced eye.

It's mega hot in L.A. This weekend but he was still working. Cab body work is nearly done and he's asking me to have the doors blasted and to drop them off so he can fit them and address door gaps. I didn't even bring the gaps up, he did. I feel this is a good omen.

There was a torn hole THROUGH the rear wall of the cab over one of the interior reinforcements. It was pulled, welded shut, ground and filler applied.

The firewall is done and it is extremely smooth to the touch. He brought up a small wave in the center; frankly below where it will be visible with the engine installed and told me he hadn't noticed it before he primed but would pick it up when he primed the rest - excellent.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 08-29-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote