The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
Ironhorse

'71 Chevelle Re-born

After and during the restore on my '71 4x4 I was always on the lookout for parts for the next project. (Always a "next project" isn't there!) Thinking I had what I needed to get started the Chevelle went under the knife Jan 16 this year and just came out of re-covery Weds. Aug. 26. Very satisfied with the results. First pic is the before then pics I took this weekend.

Chevelle came to me with ripped up bench seat, trashed door panels, Edelbrock TM-1 intake, Holley carb and 14'' Centerline wheels. 350sbc & a TH350, several dents, DS front fender the worst.

Now has original factory color, code 26 Mulsanne Blue bc/cc, new carpet, factory buckets, factory horse shoe shifter and console, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake with Edelbrock 600 crfm #1406 carb. "Built" 700R4 four speed overdrive trans, new dual exhaust, power disc brakes replaced the power drums, 15'' x 7'' front and 15'' x 8'' rallys and Cooper Cobras. Still need to replace wheel well trim and rocker moldings. Removed the trashed factory A/C, plan is to install Vintage Air system come spring. Wallet needs a breather, LOL

More 'spensive that when I re-stored my '71 4x4 but I love the look. What ya'll say?
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote