The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #1
special-K
Special Order

So Long Jimmy Diesel

Well, this is the final thread I'll post on my '85 Jimmy. It's gone and I've been wanting to post this for a while. I actually sold it the end of April. I have planned to sell it since last summer when my work truck gave up the ghost, but kept needing it till I found a replacement work vehicle. I found something in December just as winter set in, so the Jimmy was parked till spring. I had a guy in either direction on my road who were wanting it. So, I fired it up in spring, drove it around some, and spruced it up. I decided to run it to Spring Carlisle and put a sign on it to see what happened.

Me and my buddy who I share spots with have made friends over the years with two guys from NH who set up down the row. Well, this year they brought another guy and they were saying he wanted to buy my Jimmy. He had the money in a fund he had to move, said it would take a couple weeks. My buddy said we would bring it up later on his trailer. I took the sign off on his word... no deposit taken, nada. I didn't get too excited. I knew even if he flaked out I had people who wanted it. But, I was at Carlisle where people with cash are ready to buy! Anyway, it all worked out, he sent the money in about a week. Once I got the money I put the factory top back on so it could be transported. I still had it registered and insured, but once the soft top was off I didn't feel like driving it any more. One thing or another and the Jimmy sat here all summer till a few weeks ago. The buyer and one of the other fellas flew down, I picked them up, gave a short tour of Maryland countryside to my place, grilled up some tasty local burger and Silver Queen, and they headed off for NH into the sunset (NH is north but you have to travel west to get to the N-S interstate...ok?). They made it fine the next day. I'll get the whole story next spring.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote