The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2015, 11:02 AM   #1
dave`12

1967 c10 drop opinions please

1967 c10, 1/2 ton fleetside, I6. The suspension is in good shape, only has worn shocks. Coil springs all around, it does have the one leaf option on the back for heavy loads.

So, I would like to lower it on the cheap. Not looking to go super low, just bring it down a couple of inches or so for looks. Years ago, I lowered the front of my 1969 firebird by taking a hacksaw to the coil springs, but ended up going lower than I liked.

Does anyone know how to determine how much I should cut off the springs for 1 inch and for 2 inches? The springs look pretty good, I'm guessing no sag right now, so no need to account for that (I hope).

I know the advice will probably be to buy lowering springs, but my budget can't afford that and still allow me to do the other things I need to do.

Pictures of trucks lowered 1 and 2 inches would be awesome to let me know how much that change would actually be!

Thanx in advance

Here is a pic with a truck about as low as I'm looking to go:
Attached Images

Last edited by dave`12; 09-14-2015 at 11:11 AM.
dave`12 is offline   Reply With Quote