The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #12
blue57

Re: My Blue 1957 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Whew, spent the evening re-reading the entire thread again. I'm truly impressed, truly inspired, thanks.

Can you give us a few references? Contact info for the electrician that wired it up?

When you posted the photos of the AC lines inside the fender I kinda thought you were planning to do that. I've been planning to run mine in there since I saw a guy do it years ago but now I'm wondering if there's a reason I shouldn't? I planned on welding elevator bolts onto the inner fender, then I realized I can just use longer stainless button head bolts where the inner & outer fender join along the top so I can use some kind of strap/loop. I DO get that road debris could damage the lines so that's a consideration. Anything other reason I've not considered?

Any chance you used Elegance Auto Interiors in Ontario? The work looks like some of theirs I've seen and everything of theirs is beootiful! Congrats on a GREAT truck. Can't wait to watch your Dad's come together.

PS: I forgot to ask about the TCI rear leaf kit. I've been planning on flipping my rearend on top of the stock leafs and C notching. But I'd truly rather NOT notch it if the TCI kit will lower it enough all by itself. I know their leaves are parabolic and supposedly smoother riding. Any more info? Mine would be with a Chevy 10 bolt.
A buddy of mine wired it up. If you want his info shoot me a PM and i can send it to you.
The picture of the lines on the inner fender were on another truck. Those have actually been completely redone in polished stainless lines. My dad has his lines run down the inside of his inner fender. Not sure if you can run a loop and have the bundle of four lines hanging there. However i did use longer bolts on the drivers side and clamped the electrical up to them so its tucked away. I would think it would be more secure being clamped to a strap or tab welded to the fender.
As far as the interior, I was referred to a guy that has worked from a couple of the big name shops and still does interior work as a fulltime job, but takes on projects on the side out of his home.
The TCI leaf kit i have isnt the same kit they sell now. There new kit is only a 2 leaf pack i believe and mine was originally there 4 leak pack so i wouldnt be able to help you out on that one.