The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
ambryatim

Cummins Powered 1957 Chevy Truck!!!

Ok, so my project is taking a TOTALLY different turn. I have not worked on it much in the past 2 or so years. But, I came across a steal of a deal on a 2002 HO 24V Cummins. So, I have to rebuild the engine...no biggie really and I have a NV4500 to go with it. I will fill you in on the story later, but I have a couple concerns that I was needing input on.

Ok, so I have installed a sub-frame from a 78 Trans AM, now this car came with the 6.6L and larger sway bar. I plan on plating the cross-member on the sub-frame and also boxing the frame, at least to the back of the cab and installing a trailing arm style suspension. I am just wondering if the TA sub-frame ball joints, control arm bushings etc will hold the weight.

I have found a good deal on a 66 rolling truck chassis, but I know the front track width will be an issue, but it could possibly be an option. I want to keep the truck 2wd and do not want the nose of the truck to high.

Thanks for looking and the input.

Last edited by ambryatim; 09-21-2015 at 03:16 PM.
ambryatim is offline   Reply With Quote