The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #1
garmans12valve

new member and owner of a 63

Well I recently purchased a 63 c10 from a family member who needed money. It does not have a bed but based on the vin decoder it came with a step side. It also has a 283 in it and what looks to be a newer style distributor. I am a diesel generator guy and have no clue about distributors or carburetors. I def. need to give the carb. some tlc. I here rebuilding in them does not come with good luck so i might just replace not sure yet.

The wiring in the truck is all types of messed up. It will be first to be replaced. It has wire nuts on every wire and about every 10 inches. Its insane that it actually works. Actually everytime I push the clutch in a wire hits the floor and sparks go a flying. So I need to do some re-wiring soon.

The floor shifter is god awful. It has more slop than anything ive ever seen in anything. The transmission stays in gear but the shifter falls out of the bracket. Very worn out i guess. I have to hold the shifter the entire time. Kind of annoying.

The temp guage stays on and goes off while driving. Not sure if its the wiring or something is wrong. I will be installing some aftermarket gauges because nothing on the dash works. There are no keys for it. Came with a screwdriver to start it. haha. Oh well this is my first old truck and im in love. It is rusty but a blast. The wife said it needs a ls swap with twin turbos. She is a nut but it will be fun. I love it how it is. I wander how much the engine and tranny are worth since ill be swapping a ls in its place?