The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2015, 08:53 PM   #1
inrustwetrust

My first truck: Bertie. 1965 c20 long step

Hey guys!

New to the 60-66 world, but my father has a 72 (see build thread: Trusty Rusty) that I learned alot about these trucks from. We've had that truck since 1998, so since I can remember basically. I moved out this summer and I've been missing working on that truck, so I figured it was time to find a project.

Then i stumbled upon this beauty in a field behind a motorcycle shop without the bed on it. It is a 1965 c20 long step with a 230 and a granny 4 speed. I was in love with it! Another heavy duty, rusty, hugger orange truck to add to the family. $550 later and the title was signed over to me and I had the truck towed to my work (since it didn't run). The day after it got to my work, I took the carb that was on it off and cleaned it out since the truck wouldn't idle at all. I don't believe this carb was originally on this truck considering its a rochester monojet and it appears to be off a 75. I also ran an electric fuel pump since the cam lobe was too worn out to drive a mechanical one.

So now the truck runs. Immediate plans include replacing the tires, replacing the fuel tank, and finding a solution for the bed, since it Isn't held on by anything and is severely rotten.

Thanks for looking. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Edit: if anyone could help me upload pictures, that would be awesome. it keeps saying that I am missing a security key.
inrustwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote