The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
Isaiah92260

Knee advice about my trucks drivabilty

Hello everyone and to those who are kind enough to reply to my post... I have a 1963 C10 that run a damn good, it is not perfect but it needs work like most of these trucks do when they are daily drivers like mine. I have a 67' 250 I6 in it. I recently installedd a Summit Racing alternator that works better than my girlfriends car(Loo)... And I replaced my valve cover gasket and cleaned up some areas that had a few leaks around the oil pan area, nothing serious, it's just and old motor... My valve cover doesn't leak anywhere near as bad as it used to be, but it still leaks a little on the back side near the bell housing, also I've Done my thermostat with a 180.. and burped the cooling system. In its best days it runs at around 190 all day and at around 170 on the cooler mornings... I still need to replace my HBalancer because it is obviously worn out because it has a little bit of slick on the pulley, I can wiggle the fan back and forth and it also slides off of the crankshaft snout about a inch... But the truck still keeps on running... Anyways after a replace the HBalancer... How would you feel about driving something like my truck 2 hours from Palm Sprimgs to Los Angeles? Considering all the things I've said about my motor. I feel very confident in my truck... I want to drive it to visit my family but I'm not sure if I should drive it out there yet, or even at all because it is an old truck. I drive it everyday on the streets to work and that's it. I also still need to adjust my valves because I hear a few of them when it's warming up in the mor I got but that's about it besides that HBalancer. Couple weeks okay I did hear a rattle can sound coming from somewhere near my fan but it never came back. It comes and goes only twice but since then I e havnt heard it.... Thanks everyone,
Isaiah92260 is offline   Reply With Quote