The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2004, 04:47 PM   #1
JoetheMobster
Listening since '86

The unthinkable happened - was rescued by a FORD!

Well, it's true! The unimaginable happened yesterday, I got my truck stuck in the mud, and was pulled out by a FORD!

What had happened was my wife is due to give birth any day now, and one of the old wive's tales is that you go out and drive on a bumpy road to help labour come along. Well, we found some nice bumps in a few snowed up empty dirt lots. Not being able to leave it at that, I had to find bigger and better bumpy places, so I headed to the newest part of town, where empty lots are being sold to new businesses. I stopped at the entrance to one such lot, said to myself - I'M GOING TO GET STUCK! Do you think I listened to that inner voice? Bingo - I went in, and got stuck! LMFAO! The mud was unlike any I've ever seen! It was so sticky, almost like bread dough! It made my rear wheels smooth as glass. Well, I was sitting there spinning my tires, getting deeper and deeper, tried putting wood planks under the tires with no luck. Anyway, I see this truck go flying by, and all of a sudden stops near the entrance. I thought - must be some bugger coming by to laugh at me being stuck! The guy turned into the lot, and started coming towards me. Just a young fellow, who happened to be up in the next empty lot playing in the mud! So this guy tries to help - but he has a little Chev pickup with a 2.8L engine - vs my 5000lb turd! He had the 4WD but trying to haul my iron block of a truck was almost pointless as his tires spun at every attempt. We tried just about everything, with using a come-along as the last chance, and all of a sudden, this HUGE brand new Ford F350 stops near the road. I for surely thought this dude stopped by to laugh, as we all know how most people treat the $60,000 pickups with DVD and leather seats these days - pavement only! Well, the guy comes in a bit - looks around, and then asks if we need help! We hook up the chain to the front tow hook, and he pulled my truck out like it was a friggin shopping cart!!!! Pulled the truck right outta the deep ruts that I dug out with my tires. The guy even pulled my truck sideways, to line it up with the road so I could get out! The F350 dude had his little boy in the truck, and was happier than a pig in mud about what his daddy's truck was doing, it was cute!

Anyway - the moral of the story is - be careful about the mud, looks can be decieving, there are still nice people out there, and 4WD is a nice thing to have!!! LMAO!

Sorry for long story.