The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
Steven R

spindle prep for painting question

I am now ready to send my frame and front suspension part to the sandblaster and painting, I am not sure if I should send the spindles with ? I don't want the sandblaster to damage the spindles bearing journals.

looking for advise and What other have done in this situation.

I have a small blast cabinet and proper size air compressor at home but don't know on how to insure 100 percent protection to the spindles machined surfaces. I was thinking of getting a rubber hose and clamping it to the spindle capping the other end and then blasting it myself. I am not a painter but will have to learn.
Thoughts...

The sandblast company will also do my painting of the frame and parts. They do a lot of powder coating and I know they have a tape that they use in order to not get powder coat on certain areas. but not sure if this tape would hold up to blasting. but it will hold up in the 400 degree ovens while baking on the powder coat. just thinking out loud here... looking for ideas
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote