The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2015, 05:55 AM   #1
Hoosier CC/20

Got Cadillac Power?

Hey Guys,

New Guy here!! Well, sort of. Joined the forum in 2011 got REAL busy with the job but now have time to check in and (hopefully) contribute.

I have a '71 "Custom Camper/20" AKA a Camper Special. Originally equipped with BB 402 and THM 400, 3.54 Dana 60. Medium Olive with a white cab roof. I call him Frank--short for Frankenstein. You know, big, ugly, green, different heart (I know "Young Frankenstein" got a brain-anyways)

CURRENTLY, Frank has a complete "lift-out" 1976 Cadillac 500 engine. The swap was not that hard, had to fab some motor mounts, relocate some wiring. The upper and lower radiator hoses are stock '76 Cad. Ran the fuel line across the from the passenger side to the driver's side. Great power, not so great fuel mileage about 9-10 in the city. Thinking about a NV4500 to replace the THM400.

So...I'm wondering if anybody else has the same sickness I do and has stuffed a Caddy engine into their '67-'72?

Show it off with some pics
Attached Images

Hoosier CC/20 is offline   Reply With Quote