The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2015, 01:17 AM   #1
TeamEstep

Estep project

Well, my story started a year ago when I joined this forum. I live in the Pacific Northwest near Tacoma. I was interested in a 67-72 truck and wanted to learn as much as I could. After a few months of research, I finally decided it was time to buy and I began to search Craigslist. I was seeing the same trucks week after week. I began to expand my search statewide then neighboring states. Six months later, I found a truck in Boise Idaho. Fortunately, my father in law lived about five miles from the seller and checked it out for me. My 21 year old daughter is into cars and trucks so we went to Idaho to get it. I have a son-in-law who works as a mechanic for Alaska Airlines and he got us some standby tickets. My daughter and I embarked on our very own "Roadkill" trip. I packed up some hand tools in a bag and we flew to Idaho early on a Sunday morning, my in-laws met us at the Boise airport and drove us to the seller. We closed the deal and drove to my in-laws house where we changed the oil and then hit the road. We drove over 500 miles back home the same day in a truck I had only seen in pictures. Here is a picture of the truck about half way home. This was taken near Yakima.
Attached Images

TeamEstep is offline   Reply With Quote