The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2015, 11:58 PM   #1
Longhorn4x4

Question 2003 Silverado crew cab electrical problems

My 2003 3500 Silverado 3500 LT crew cab has had a couple of minor electrical gremlins that I've hunted off and on for the two years I've had it.

When I bought the truck, the power extend and defrost on the mirrors was inop. I am replacing the mirrors, so I was not worried about it. The adjustment worked fine.

The passenger side front window would occasionally not work, from either switch.

About 6 months ago, the driver's seat heater suddenly started shutting off after maybe a minute or two.

So, Friday, I nailed the gas pretty hard (it's an 8.1L Allison dooley) as I was pulling out of a side street. It spun the tires hard. All of the sudden, the ABS light came on (given the tire spin, not a huge surprise), the driver's door open warning appeared in the message center, and a couple of other lights came on. All the warning lights and messages went back off a few seconds later.

However, now none of the power windows work at all, none of the power door locks work with the master switch, the seat heater does not work at all, the power mirrors will not adjust, the master power window switch does not illuminate, the RAP (retained accessory power) function does not work, and the dome lights do not come one when you enter the truck after it has been sitting.

Now, the auto lock and auto unlock works normally, the remote locks and unlocks the doors normally, if you open the door after driving, the dome lights illuminate.

I have tested all the fuses and circuit breakers I can find, in the driver's side dash panel, and under the hood in the fuse/relay box. It acts as though there is no power in the driver's door, and it thinks the door opens as soon as the ignition is turned off.

I'm evidently not seeing a fuse, a circuit breaker, a fusible link, or a relay somewhere.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Longhorn4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote