The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2015, 09:53 PM   #1
stevenk

First Post / Couple Questions

Hello!

Hope I'm posting this to the right spot.

Short story long:

I inherited a '68 c10 from my father who passed away last spring. We restored these trucks my whole life. This truck was completely restored however 2 weeks before he passed away he rear ended his other truck (new chevy) with this '68 in a round about.

So I finally got this out to Portland and I have a couple questions that I'm hoping to get some help with. I'll be lurking for quite a while to try to learn as much as I can. Motorcycles are my usual go to so I'm totally new to this.

Any help is appreciated!

1- I had a dim headlight and i successfully fixed that by properly grounding the wires. I'm not getting any tail lights or reverse lights however the license plate light does work. It's been raining here so I haven't had a chance to pull apart the taillights but do this sound like a fuse issue? Ground issue? Let me know. If it is a fuse issue, can someone direct me to a fuse chart? Google doesn't seem to get me anywhere.

2- When i start it, it fires up however when I drive it i get a really bad knocking nose. I can actually feel it in the floor boards / gas pedal. I've read online it could be a "spark knock" but that's about as far as i got.

3- the oil pressure goes all the way up when i start it. If i let it run it actually goes back down about halfway. However, if i hit the gas and rev the engine it goes all the way up. Any ideas?

Lastly here is a list of things I know about the truck:

- It's a 327 small block

- it is fuel injected. No carbs on it. I believe the fuel injector came off a mid 90s chevy.

- my dad installed a computer in it that is off a 96 impala. It's in the glove box. there is also a computer hook up plug under the dash and there is an Actron diagnostic computer read in the cab. Wondering if anyone has any idea of what kind of information off this.

Lastly!

If anyone knows a good Portland c10 mechanic let me know. I do plan on doing a lot of work myself however i'd love to have someone do a full rundown and let me know what the heck is going on with this thing.
stevenk is offline   Reply With Quote