The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2015, 01:11 AM   #1
67chevy1series

Need info on some Things for LS swapping 67 c10

Alright so I've been following a lot of builds on this site regarding LS swaps and I know what I have to do to wire in the motor, install the motor in the frame and stuff like that, but there's something I don't know, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is it possible (and if so) to use my original 67-72 temp gauge with the LM7 5.3? im wondering if there's a temp sensor out there that will install on/in the motor, and I can plug my original wire in for the 67-72 temp gauge, or if I can just install the original c10 temp gauge sensor into the 5.3?

2. If I remove the original oil pressure sensor from the 5.3, can I get a simple fitting to screw into the same location as the original sensor and then just screw in my 67 oil pressures gauge line into that fitting?

3. I'm also installing the 4L60e Trans into my 67 behind the LM7 and I want to keep my original speedometer, I've searched up mechanical speedometer kits for the later 2pc bellhousing/Trans style 4l60e and the only thing I've been able to find is an adapter bracket that allows you to use a 700r/early 4l60 tailshaft housing on the newer 4l60, are there any better alternatives then that, for example just removing the speed sensor from the Trans and installing a driven gear for the speedo cable?

4. I want to run a mid length header that has a decent thick flange, isn't a pain in the ass to remove spark plugs and has the ball/socket end. What are you guys running that's similar to my wants and doesn't require heavy mods to the frame rails? And also what motor mounts are you using with those headers?

5. What's the best way to remove broken exhaust manifold bolts from the aluminum heads? When I bought my motor the front driver bolt and rear driver bolt were already broke off in the heads, and there isn't any part of the broken stud that protrudes out of the hole. I have a welder and was contemplating welding a bolt on the stud and trying to remove it that way

6. What's the best tranny controller for the 4l60e?

7. What's a good shift linkage/cable to use on the 4l60e and on the stock tilt column in my 67?

(I'm not running the original computer and harness for the motor and Trans)
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote