The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: Martin's mi-STRESS, 1965 Long Fleetside C10 "Rebuild in ENGLAND"

Carrying on where we left off.

I forgot to mention, in Fayetteville the pub we all went to was the West Mountain Brewery Co.

Great atmosphere, staff, beer and awesome pizzas.

This is the car Rick and Monica built. Again, testament to graft. It has a load of trick details, and sounds just awesome when it approaches or leaves, generating a multitude of smiles.

Rick and Monica built this house themselves and again, I was mesmerised as I had designed my own first house and buillt it in the Cape Town suburb of Glencairn, near Simons Town about 25 years ago.

I would love to build and live in a house like this with broad verandas and design details around the edges.

There is a continual theme of pigs wherever you looks.

Flatbed in front of some of the outbuildings.

I seem to recall mentioning that the people we met on this trip have all worked bloody hard to get what they have. This is another prime example of hard work paying off.

More garden art.

After dropping off the tables and chairs, Clem took us on a slow drive on the real back roads in the county, and my word....... He has some stuff stashed, marked and identified along the way.
One of my favourites was what I would think is a 50-60's Shasta caravan. Perfect condition, but could do with a refresh, he said it had been there for many years and is earmarked for himself.
Various other treasures along the way made the next three hours another highlight of our time spent with the Guru.
Then we returned home, only to be caught out by the whole of Arkansas having come to Fayetteville to watch the Razorbacks play.

Lastly, a brand new pair of safety glasses I bought along the way for $1.00 at a garage sale.

Perfect decoration somewhere in Clem's shop. I was pleased to be able to add something to his fascinating collection of weird and wonderful, stuff.

By mid afternoon Martin and I had packed the Chevy Captiva with our cases and spares, headed back to Searcy to spend another night with Don and Saless before heading town to Texas.

Cases in and the ski bag with bed strips and side mouldings, which at this point was still stressing me, what if the airline said it was oversized.....??

We chose to avoid the motorways again and managed to stop at various places.

Including his great store where this extended cab was for sale, note the rear, opening door.

We spent quite a bit of time and I managed to buy a few items there too, including a silver hand made Crucifix for Nicola and a car dealers chrome sign for myself.

Martin managed to buy an awesome 80's Snap On tools wall clock with two girls in overalls for a trade of £5.00 in English currency.

The seller had this black bead skull that was beautifully cleaned and prepped from an animal that had been hit by a car. As well as a rattle snake spine.

The rest of our trip to Don's place was uneventful and we had a great dinner and time together, an early night by 11.00pm as we wanted to be out to town with him in the morning.

That's it for now......... Thanks for looking in.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote