The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2015, 11:21 PM   #12
Coupeguy2001

Re: my 57' build

I had another thought.....
Why don't you build a tribute to your dad, and finish it like he would have.
You can do all the body work, get the engine running, and work with the things that you can find that would hint at what he was doing.
Looks like he was making a true American hot rod, headers, cool engine, original sheet metal, and super clean runner

my build thread is called "my 57 revitalized"
I finished it about 3 1/2 years ago, and it comes up on the forum "projects and builds" occasionally when i update my progress. I was lucky, kind of like you.
my truck sat in a lot close to the street, and i drove by it for years before I stopped and ended up buying it.
Someone plowed into the front left corner, and it was wrecked. Nobody wanted it.
These trucks are so simply designed, that it was easy to get it fixed and on the road again. Luckily, the rest of the truck wasn't too bad.

Here's a pic of it earlier this year.
The thing about white, is even when it's dusty and dirty, it still looks clean. (also, it's so bright in the sun, you can't look at it up close and see it's imperfections too easy) It's far from perfect, just a really fun thing to drive. It's a daily driver, but well cared for.
I never drive it in the rain, old Chevys rust.

Last edited by Coupeguy2001; 11-21-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Coupeguy2001 is offline   Reply With Quote