The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #1
curvedglass

Horn Issues

Howdy All,

The horn in my 63 standard wheel is giving me fits. Sometimes it hits and others it doesn't. Usually when I am trying to get someone to pay attention and not hit me or to get them to stop texting when the light turns green. I had everything apart when I replaced the turn signal switch and upper column bearing. The wheel has to be in the correct position and I have to press dead center on the bowtie. Other times it just doesn't connect. The plastic retainer for the three screws under the button is cracked but staying together. Does this ring have any bearing on the situation? Any other connections than the spring loaded button that rides on the back of the wheel?

How hard is it to by the wheel and mount a button on the dash? My weber is electric choke and I can use the hole from the manual choke cable as a mounting point. If I am not mistaken I need a single pole momentary switch.

Thanks in advance for any help!