The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #1
42_NATO

Birthday exhaust

So my birthday is coming up this week and i mentioned to my mom that she should buy me some glass packs as a gift. And testerday afternoon i was looking down there and realized the truck only had glass packs on there and i was confused y it was so quiet. After deciding to cut them right after the cab under the bed.i noticed the pipes were crush at least 1/2 way threw in several spots. The truck sounded cool for a total of 3 hours after that it was annoying me lol. This morning we went to oreillys to buy tge glass packs. . but ended up just getting thr thrush turbos instead. My mom gets a discount and i ended up getting 2-2" for 51 after taxes. The reason i went with turbos instead of glass packs to try and get a nicer tone.

I have another question for the experts. Im thinking of just using those exhaust hanger clamps to peice it together and wasnt sure if thats a good way to go or should i be getting it welded up?

Ill try to post pics and sound clips
42_NATO is offline   Reply With Quote