The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
seacrow

Thumbs up Thanks to Mothertruckers, my second paint job looks great.

AS you may remember, I had my truck painted back in Jan. I posted pics here since it looked good right after it was done. However, a couple of days later, out in the sun, the was some real problems. Mostly a grapefruit sized dent in the roof that my original body man never fixed. AS well as dozens of small dents and dings on the doors and bedsides. There was also a rust hole in the rear cab support that was fiberglassed over in a bad way. I had it outside of Ed's shop and he was embarrassed about it being there. The paint was not drying since my first body man mixed the enamel wrong and there were places all over were the primer showed through. I have since fired my original guy and got Ed @ Mothertruckers and his crew to strip all of the interior out and repaint the entire truck. They finished it today. I will post before and after pics. Ed and his crew did a first class job, they also used PPG base clear which looks awesome. Thanks Ed.

Here is a before pic

2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty CC King Ranch, moonroof, heated captains chairs, 6.4 PowerStroke.

2007 Suzuki Hayabusa, all black

1985 Mustang GT T-top, 5 spd. 54K orig miles.
seacrow is offline   Reply With Quote