The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #1
C10_ustacould
A day late and $1 short...

The "Great White Buffalo"

We've all heard those stories about the guy who is hoarding trucks only to see them rot away. Well, this one is not rotten and from what I saw it looks to be in very good shape. Let me give you some back story. Back when I had my green '68 the guys at the parts store were razzing one guy about how the truck in his yard looked just like mine and he should build it the same way, LS and all. The problem was the truck isn't his, it belongs to a friend of his. The friend had inherited the truck when an uncle passed away at 105 years old. They retrieved it from Alabama a few (5-ish) years ago and it has been sitting since. After hearing the story I pretty much forgot about it until yesterday. I was out for a bike ride last night and it popped into my head and it just so happens that when we moved into our new house last year the parts guy's house is just around the corner. I figured I should see if it's still there. Let me say this now, I'm not actively looking for a new project but I'd never pass up a chance to look at a well preserved C10. When I get to his house I don't see it at first and actually ride right past it. Making a second pass I see what looks to be a pristine 71/72 swb stepper... and it's light green. At this point I know I have to get a closer look but I'm not going on the property without permission so I wait. Today after work I dropped by the parts store and asked what the deal was and he told me his buddy won't sell it but he he'll ever do anything with it either. He gave me the guy's number so I called and he was right, I was told the truck is ABSOLUTELY not for sale. I said I understood and that I was a big fan of these trucks asking if he would mind my taking a closer look. At first I thought he said it was okay but as he kept talking it was a no, he said it would be a waste of time for me to look at it. I was bummed! I was thinking this is crazy you don't even own the property! Although I was dejected I remained polite, thanked him for his time, and wished him a good evening. The truck is a I6 3 on the tree and has around 72,000 miles with an interior is said to have been near perfect when it was parked.

Here is a couple of pics, they are horrible and a good distance away but this way you can somewhat understand what I went through today. It looks pretty darn nice from the street.

Note: I did not take the pictures they are from google maps.

Name:  NotForSale_1.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  NotForSale_2.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  88.7 KB

Instagram: C10_ustacould

1963 SWB Fleet Side 528 Desert Beige
Milly

1967 SWB Step Side 506 Medium Blue
The Old Girl

1968 SWB Fleet Side 503 Light Green