The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #1
TX75457

No start, Neutral Safety Switch Problem??

Need help troubleshooting a starting problem on my 1972 C30 with Auto Trans. Had been starting fine until today when I shifted into Drive and while passing the Reverse position the starter kicked in?! Checked wiring, starter, etc. nothing out of order and would not do it every time, but sometimes would kick the starter in while in Reverse. But now it wont do anything while trying to start: turn key on, voltage gauge comes on and dash brake light comes on but starter does not engage. Nothing. Battery is hot. Ran out of daylight and had to leave it at the jobsite overnight. Could it possibly be the Neutral Safety Switch (NSS)? I have always had to exert extra pressure to push the lever into park which may be part of the problem and don't think I have every been able to crank it in Neutral. Appreciate any suggestions where to start...
TX75457 is offline   Reply With Quote