The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
Kyle70SWB

3 speed to th350 swap

Hey guys, I think I have all the parts ordered (minus the flexplate) for my 3 speed to th350 swap, and after what feels like weeks of research (probably only a few hours total), I have a few things that I am stumped on.

I will be doing the swap at work, on a lift on a Saturday off, and the truck will have to drive back out the same day, one way or another.

I found this article, and decided it was something I HAD to do.. I love the idea and look of it.. http://www.trucktrend.com/how-to/int...er-conversion/

What I am stumped on now, is which flexplate to use.. The truck isn't sitting right here where I can get to it at any time, so I am not sure what starter is on it. I can tell you that it is a 305 from the early 80s.. casting 14010201 which is a 2 piece rear seal, and internally balanced. Thankfully that gets my choices down to 2 flexplates.

I am also trying to figure out where/how/which way to get a vacuum source for the transmission.. Do I just run a vacuum line up to the 2 barrel?

Finally, neutral safety switch.. as I said above, I am using my original 3 on the tree column, not swapping out columns. What am I supposed to do for the NSS? ground it out? constant hot?

I think these are the only things I still have to figure out before the time comes to pull the trigger.

*Side note* If there is anyone in Houston who is swapping from auto, and wants 3 on the tree, I am willing to do some trading of columns, etc.