The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2015, 03:09 AM   #1
Voodoo556

1968 k20 4wd, my chunk of freedom

Awesome site, appreciate all the information and help. So many cool trucks on here, hopefully mine will get there some day.

I've always loved this body style so........I found a '68 4wd for a good price. Typical issues like rusty rockers, floors and drip rails. Body is so so. Has a Dana 60 in the rear and a Dana 44. Not sure of the years. Motor is a small block, that's all the PO knew, and a 4 speed with granny 1st.
Came with a 10' flatbed w/ 4' side gates. Wood in the bed is awful.....PO said he put new wood in which turned out to be had hacked up 2x10's, which weren't even attached.
The list of things this truck needs seems to be growing.......such as brake seals, power steering pump, possibly steering box and/or steering components, some attn to the wiring, window rubber, battery box, radiator hold downs, front driveline, and......well you get the hint.

What's the saying?........another mans junk is another mans treasure!
Well I picked up this orange chunk of American freedom a few weeks ago

350 with a manual 4 speed. Dirty and a few oil leaks but runs like a champ

Loaded up and on the way home.

Whoever mounted his flatbed decided to weld it to the frame So, while cutting it down a few feet I redid the mounting and removed the rear tail section as well. While working on the bed I discovered it wasn't in line with the body line (2" higher in the back) so I evened it out and got things in line.

Next was cutting off the extended headache rack and redoing with 3x3x1/4.

Got the back end buttoned up and part way on the new headache rack.
Not sure what material I'll use to protect the window but trying to stay away from expand steel. Want something different.

Voodoo556 is offline   Reply With Quote