The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2015, 10:27 AM   #11
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbog View Post
I'm not only looking at the Earls Speed Seal but Fragola 6000 series hose, I want/need aluminum and steel fittings. Steel is for my steel hard lines. I have a thing about the corrosive action between aluminum and steel, especially when it's wet and since I mud run it'll get wet and probably stay wet for a day or two afterwards because mud traps the moisture.
I thought of going with PTFE for the full run but I keep going back to the hard line for under the Jeep because it's smaller and it seems more rugged (just a mind set I need to break). Plus the cost is another factor since I wasn't originally plan on doing a EFI swap but when they came out with this I made the jump. I was going to be doing a gear swap and getting bigger tires (37" tall) but that might get put off for another year, along with the axle swap (dana 60 and corp 14 bolt), hydraulic assist steering, frame strengthening, and the engine rebuilt for more power (looking for 450-500 hp out of the old AMC 401). God by the time I'm done I'll have enough to but a new vehicle in it. Aww who am I kidding, it'll be more than a new vehicle. While I'm being honest, I'll never be done

Yep mine is street only and I don't drive it in the rain either so i do t need ss braid or hardlines.
Lmao you sound just like my wife telling me I could have bought a new one for what I have put in mine. She is correct but it would not be the same. And it seems like it is a never ending process. Lol.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote