The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Question about value and paint schemes

I'm wishy washy as heck when it comes to the paint scheme for my truck. Been that way for decades. The original color of this truck is a ochre and white two-tone, no molding, just a paint separator...........That's out, I'm not doing it.

Option 1. So then I jumped on the ochre/white deluxe (4 tone). Full moldings. It's obviously not per the SPID, but it's close. Ochre is NOT my favorite color for these trucks, but it's a beautiful scheme regardless.

Option 2. So I've recently pondered a dark blue 523 and white two-tone or four-tone deluxe. Lower and/or upper side moldings for either one. I like the color more than ochre, and IMO, the 523 is the best looking stock color under the hood. Pretty awesome interior as well. Definitely not per the SPID, but neither is the sport bumper and mirrors.

I'm never going to sell this truck. But I'm interested in your opinions of which is more valuable, Option 1 or 2.

On a side note, blue would be the last color I'd choose for a newer vehicle. But from Mopar to Chevy, it may be my favorite color for 67-72.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 01-01-2016 at 10:06 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote