The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2004, 06:10 AM   #1
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Arrow OT: Update on resident weight loser (me)

Well as most of you may remember last December I had surgery for weight loss. This is the same one that Al Roker (weatherman on Today show) , Randy Jackson (judge on American Idol) and Carnie Wilson (singer) had. http://www.bariatric.com I went to the Dr. and he was suprised at my weight loss. I've lost 72lbs. in 8 weeks. He didn't think I'd lose that much that fast but I'm doing good and healing on schedule. I'm back to work and lifting like I used to but not as strong as I was. Also I'm on regular food instead of the all liquids, etc. I was on for awhile. They're expecting me to lose weight for the next 2 years but the first few months the weight starts shedding rapidly. Believe me it's going fast. Only thing is I'm supposed to eat 6 times a day but can't even do that half the time. Kinda hard when you're not hungry. Plus when I eat I don't eat much at all. A good example is a Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza- that's about 3 meals for me. So you can see why I have to eat 6 times a day to substain my body's needs. But I'm eating a protein bar (2 meals there) when possible and shakes as much as possible but limited to my amount of intake. I'm just waiting for the rest to fall off and get down to my goal weight. My clothes are already falling off of me and having to buy new clothes (there goes truck funds )
but it's worth having a much healthier body. Only thing is I have to watch what I eat otherwise I'm sick as a dog and in bed. No more large amounts of sugar and fat. No more super sweet iced tea or sodas. No more vending machine candy. No more alot of the good tasting things. But I'm finding what diabetics eat for that sweet tooth fix Man that stack of 2 small cookies sure is great LOL!!

If you got any questions about the surgery or after affects I'll be happy to answer.

BTW: Man it's so much easier to get under the truck now. The belly doesn't stop me as much now just the ribcage hits the low parts on the frame

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote