The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #1
PGG

Tire swap ideas? 2016 LTZ 4X4

Looking for 2016 LTZ Suburban 4x4 taller more aggressive tire swap suggestions? I dont like the look nor the likely traction in light mud or ice with the stock continentals. They look like minivan tires to me. I would like a slightly more aggressive look and a slightly taller (not wider) ride without giving up ride quality. A level kit would be considered. I do rub slightly on the front spoiler or cowling whatever its called when I pull in my driveway unless I am going really slow. I live on a very busy street so getting in and out fast is somewhat of a need.

I feel about the same as I did when I got my last ride a 2011 Land Cruiser it looks a bit boring to me and like a soccer moms grocery getter that came with a $77K window sticker. I pretty much got every option as I wanted ventilated seats which means you have to get the LTZ even though I dont like the idea of powered rear seats.

Anyway I am thinking of replacing the stock continental tires with BGF All Terrain, Yokohama's or Toyo's just to give it a little bit of a truck tire look and give me piece of mind if/when I go hog hunting I might not get stuck. Anyone else done anything to a 2015-2016? Below is what I got tire and wheel wise. One very important thing to me is not having any issues ever with rubbing but wouldn't mind if the tire was a bit taller even would prefer a bit taller without needing a lift or any rubbing. I will do a level kit if needed but again dont want to mess with the quality of ride. I think it will look good next to my 1972 Chevy K5 4x4 Blazer . Thanks PG
RC4:

Tire, Spare, P265/70R17 Blackwall

RD4:

Wheels, 20" x 9" Polished Aluminum

Last edited by PGG; 01-17-2016 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo in title
PGG is offline   Reply With Quote