The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

just a thought about values...

As I've mentioned, the 66 is going back to street and up for sale.
I was going to strip a LOT of the high dollar items out, and replace with more stock oriented stuff. BUT,,,,

What do you guys think?

I put a port matched supervictor and single 3310 on the motor with AFR220's,, a MSD ProBillet HEI with vacuum can,,
was going to take the Hughes TH400 (reverse patern ProTree transbrake) out and build a stock TH400 with stock VB.
Replace the Cheeta air shifter with a B&M prostick (obvious swap for a forward pattern shift)
Take the Dedenbear CC3 out
and take all of the data logger out after I got the motor in tune

BUT the though hit me that why the heck not keep the 'race' parts and attitude and just raise the price.

for example I was thinking around $14-16k for the truck in docile street form.

But what am I going to get out parts likea Holley ProRam with the dual race4150's and linkage??
Or the Hughes TH400 is a $2400 trans,, but who is going to buy ,, and what are they going to pay for a used trans. I see them on RacingJunk for under $1500,, and the CC3 controller and air shift I have well over $1200 in, isn't worth $500
And the MSD Digital 6+ and proBillet smallbody distributor, HVC coil,, a $1100 ignition.. But what's someone gonna pay for it used..The list is LONG and goes on and on...

I mean there is a point here where taking all the 'goodies' out and trying to nickle and dime the part-out,, less shipping,, and the pissing and whining of those that havent a clue what their buying and either it don't fit, or they tear crap up trying to make it fit their Honda Civic,, and then want a return!

Sooooo... Whats you guys gutt say? Is it better to leave a BUNCH of the high end stuff IN the truck (that will survive street duty) and raise the price to like $18-20k

Or take the time,, and try to sell off $10k+ in go fast stuff pieced out for whatever I can get???

The market is TOUGH here in Az. Especially with one track closed and remaining tracks in jeopardy (and looking less promising every day)

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote