The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #1
66c10283

1973 C10 stock exhaust manifold flanges

Hello all.

I have a 1973 C10 with a 350 in it that I bought a few months ago. About two weeks ago I went over a railroad track somewhat hard and the exhaust broke away from the manifolds. What happened is that the exhaust broke out of the flanges (on both sides of the truck.......I know I can't believe it either) due to rust around the flanges and pipe. I have a good exhaust and manifolds from another small block 1973 junk truck but not any good flanges. The flanges I have are paper thin and the passenger flange broke into two pieces.

I've looked around my local junk yards and called exhaust shops and I cannot find any 2 1/4 inch flanges for the stock manifolds. I've also looked at summit racing, jegs, autozone, napa, oreillys, craigslist and advanced auto with no luck.

The truck had 2 1/4 inch exhaust on it to begin with and the "new" junk truck replacement exhaust I have is factory GM (in decent shape) and is also 2 1/4 inch pipe. Does anyone know what website or shop I can buy new flanges from?

Now I know some people will say buy headers and a exhaust kit and be done with it but I'm hard headed and I don't want to go that way. I've always liked factory parts on my vehicles.

Thank you for any help you can provide.
66c10283 is offline   Reply With Quote