The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #1
j.rigby15r

Need advice on upgrades. Brakes,suspension,bags???

So I have been mowing over what to do with a little extra cash I have from selling a motorcycle I built,I have about 2k to blow on my 64. At first I was just going to do a static drop with full disc all the way around from either performance on line, or CPP. I then thought about just doing front and upgrading some other components such as control arms, sway bars, or trailing arms Etc. Then the overwhelming desire to put my truck on the frame came to me and I started looking into bags. So I then started looking into doing a disc conversion in the front and putting a simple bag system on and cupping my LCA's. But then the thought came to me maybe just put in a nice bags suspension system and putting discs on later. So with all that thinking going on I am all thought out and don't know what I want to do. So this is were I need everyone's opinions (as I know everyone has one).

A. Full power disc with sway bars front and back.

B. Front power disc and updated control arms and trailing arms etc..

C. Front power disc and simple air kit with cupped lower control arm.

D. Nicer bag system and update the breaks later.

E. something I haven't thought of.

If I did C I would do one from way2lo2 or from EZ Air Ride. The truck is not show quality and will not be for quite some time. But I'd rather do it right the first time and not have to upgrade my system later.

Any advice would be great and links are helpful. Thanks as always this site rocks...............
j.rigby15r is offline   Reply With Quote