The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #1
clemsonteg

Routing Fuel Lines

I am trying to decide the best approach for routing the fuel lines on my 70 SWB C10 using a Boyd tank with the in tank pump. I plan to use braided PTFE line and I may or may not incorporate some hard line to help reduce the cost.

The Boyd tank was installed when I had my SBC, and I used hard line from the tank all the way to the mechanical pump along with 2 short pieces of rubber hose to make the transition from the tank to the frame and from the frame to the pump. At the time, it made more sense to run the line along the passenger side of the frame and my exhaust down the driver side.

With the LS, it seems like the supply and return would be easier to route down the driver side, but moving my exhaust isn't really an option and I am not so sure I like the fuel lines running close to the exhaust.

How is everyone else routing their fuel lines and would you have done it differently?
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote