The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
jason999

Help me buy shocks!

Hello,

I'm moving right along on my old truck and it's time to buy shocks. I want to order some in the next day or two.

I'm not so much worried about money and I want the truck to ride and handle well. I would like for it to have a solid sporty feel but not harsh. I have a front sway bar and 255/55-18's.

My 1966 C10 has the rear end and cross member from a 1981 C10. I have lowered the front with 3" drop spindles and the rear with 4" drop springs

If I understand correctly, I need to climb under my truck and measure the distance from the mount points of my current shocks In other words just measure my the shocks while they are on the truck. I can then search for shock and find their range. If my measurement is in the middle of this range then the shock should fit correctly???

I am leaning toward Bilsteins but I'm open to ideas.

If anyone has the same set up, I'd love to hear the specifics of the shock that you are running. If not then help me select the right size!!

It looks like my mounted shocks measure about 14.5" on the rear and 12.75" on the front.

Thanks,
Jason

Last edited by jason999; 02-03-2016 at 09:42 AM.
jason999 is offline   Reply With Quote