The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #11
Raleighswb

Re: Knomadd '71 SWB C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
You ought to know, you painted it, and buffed it out! Thanks again for your help with that, and helping me get it on and lined up the best we could.

Thanks guys, I really like it. I've liked the cowl hood look since before I owned a C10, so I knew I wanted it eventually. I'm pretty happy with it out of the box.

I do have a small issue. Aaron and I installed the Eddie Motorsports hood hinges and the entire hood sits too far to the passenger side. There is relatively no adjustment side to side, so I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to get it lined up perfectly, but I do know the entire truck needs some panel alignment done, so I'm not worried about it yet. After an hour of adjustment, we have it the best we could get it without going through and aligning the rest of the panels.

I'm wanting to take it to LST with the C/10 Club at the end of February, so I won't be pulling it apart before then, but I think I'll be doing it shortly after that. At least getting the panels lined up better.
I changed my front clip on my 72 to 67 and I have EMS hinges as well but I am using a flat hood. Spending a lot of time trying to get my hood lines right too will probably start from scratch this weekend,before you latch the hood how much does the hood stick up mine is at least 6 inches.Have not put the grill and latch on,but wonder if you could take a picture of your hood as it sits before you latch it.
Raleighswb is offline   Reply With Quote