The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
iostorm

A question for everyone with drop spindles

Here is the scenario;

This is a build in progress, so I dont know where it will sit currently.

I have the CPP 2.5" drop spindles, but want to go just a it lower, ideally just to the top of the tire with 20" wheels. so my initial thought was to get a 1" lowering spring and hope for the best, as I would rather be a bit high than a bit low.

Then I began to think about how much weight was not going back in the front of my build, SBC, aluminum heads and intake, heater delete, no fenderwells, lightweight battery. I figure all of these items will total approx 150lbs, so I began thinking about going to a 2" drop spring vs the 1" drop springs to offset the less weight.

So here is the questions, if you are running drop spindles are you running an additional drop spring? If you are are you running aluminum heads and intake?
What diameter wheels are you running with all of this? Where does it sit in relation to the top of the tire?

I really appreciate any help you can offer with this, please dont say slam it lower as that is not my desire, I truly just want to be at the top of the rubber.

What I want to avoid is purchasing multiple sets of springs if possible, as I really dont want to cut springs but rather just get the right spring in place.

Thank you.

Last edited by iostorm; 02-04-2016 at 09:01 AM.
iostorm is offline   Reply With Quote